Bath waste questions

Hoping I can get some quick advice on a Saturday afternoon, as I'm mid install and we have no means of washing if I dont get done.

I'm installing a new freestanding acrylic bath and currently trying to connect the waste.

I bought a 40mm McAlpine trap, which won't connect to the threaded waste connector under the plug hole. My trap seems just a little too big to mate with the bath waste and the thread won't match on the ring, so I don't want to force it.

I've clearly got the wrong type of trap, though the rep at the store (who I just spoke to on live chat) recommended one of their traps, which he gave me a link to - Another McAlpine trap ??

Can anyone advise ?

Measuring the bath waste pipe diameter, it seems to be about 45mm.

Cheers

Reply to
cf-leeds

stall and we have no means of washing if I dont get done.

nnect the waste.

connector under the plug hole. My trap seems just a little too big to mate with the bath waste and the thread won't match on the ring, so I don't want to force it.

I just spoke to on live chat) recommended one of their traps, which he gav e me a link to - Another McAlpine trap ??

Just following up on this, it seems that the threaded ring for my McAlpine trap will screw onto the bath waste, when I use the ring on its own.

The problem is that the trap tube wont insert into the bath waste, in order to get the rubber washer compressed. Maybe its just a defective bathe wast e ? Seems like it should be slightly smaller in internal diameter, or be ch amfered internally, in order for the trap to mate......

Hmmmmm

Reply to
cf-leeds

Can you take the waste out and down to Screwfix (etc) and try some.

Another option is to swap the plug assembly.

BTW - when installing, I put a smear of Fernox LX around the rubber rings onto the bath to ensure a good seal.

Ditto between the overflow pipe and the 2 fittings at each end.

Reply to
Tim Watts

install and we have no means of washing if I dont get done.

connect the waste.

te connector under the plug hole. My trap seems just a little too big to ma te with the bath waste and the thread won't match on the ring, so I don't w ant to force it.

who I just spoke to on live chat) recommended one of their traps, which he gave me a link to - Another McAlpine trap ??

ine trap will screw onto the bath waste, when I use the ring on its own.

rder to get the rubber washer compressed. Maybe its just a defective bathe waste ? Seems like it should be slightly smaller in internal diameter, or b e chamfered internally, in order for the trap to mate......

Thanks for replying and for the tips.

Unfortunately, the waste is sealed in and I'll probably loose any right to warrenty, if I remove it.

I'll have to wait until monday and speak to someone in the bath supplier's suppier technical department.

In the meantime, we're syphoning the used bathwater down into the drain ;)

Reply to
cf-leeds