Bath panel poser

Hi all

I'm slowly but surely refitting a bathroom. Suite in, tiling done, but it's proving to be an awkward one what with 1 thing and another. One problem I'm having is finding suitable bath panels (side and end). Because the door surround is just 1" from the bath head I cannot fit the usual plastic 'bowed' shape bath panel without cutting a curve into the door surround to accomodate it, which is not an option. I will therefore have to fit a flat type panel. I've visited my local Wickes, B&Q, a bathroom store, and also looked on the web, but all I can find is this:

and this,
which both seem to be the same thing, with screwfix a bit cheaper but 14 days delivery.

Bearing in mind that they must be flat (tish), white, and I need side (1700mm) and end (690mm), can anyone suggest a source for an alternative to the above, or is that about it? (I don't want to build them myself - useless). Also if I buy the above, any idea what I should use to hide the corner join?

cheers, truman ...........

Reply to
truman

Fit a piece of mdf or hardboard.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

How about tiling?

Reply to
Neil Jones

It's not that difficult. Just cut a bit of ply to shape and tile with the same tiles as the bathroom. Just give some thought as to how best to conceal the fixings so that they can still be removed for access.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Why conceal the fixings? Just make them neat and use stainless steel screws or whatever. You will receive much good karma from the next person who wants to remove the panel.

Reply to
usenet

I was going to leave instructions with the next owner when I sold my bathroom with fiendishly concealed fixings, but he messed me about chronically before exchange, so sod him!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Thanks, but there are enough tiles to look at already! I think I'll find a couple more showrooms to browse round for ideas.

Reply to
truman

Why limit the Frkr to local? He can keep the frk away from here a lot longer if he keeps travelling around showrooms.

(If I worked in a showroom I probably wouldn't be saying that of course.)

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Yep. Or. You might want to simply fit a couple of rectangles of mitred beading on ply then you have the same a a £50 one from B&Q. Only yours will be water resistant v. their plastic coated MDF absorbant one.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

cheap at B&Q then paint or stain whatever.... Good luck

Reply to
Capstick

As regards fixing I use velcro on mine, works a treat.

Reply to
Broadback