Bath

I need a bath 1650mm long 1700 is too long for the space available and 1600 leaves a larger space than I need, any ideas as to a manufacturer who does this size, or should I consider a paint job for the existing 1650 one Thanks E

Reply to
Ed

Can you really not hack out 1" of plaster on each end wall?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You have 3 choices:

1) paint the old one, which, lets face it, will look like an old painted bath.

2) buy a 1700 and cut out 25 mm of wall at each end.

3) buy a 1650 and put a 50mm timber along the farthest end from the taps and tile over.

Number 3 would be my choice if No 2 was imposible

Reply to
Phil L

|!I need a bath 1650mm long 1700 is too long for the space available and 1600 |!leaves a larger space than I need, any ideas as to a manufacturer who does |!this size, or should I consider a paint job for the existing 1650 one

Keep looking, I found one which fitted exactly between my walls.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Agreed, that's what I did. One plus point - you won't ever get water getting past the sealant at the ends.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Knock down the wall and move it 50mm :)

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

Thats what I did ! Well almost, moved it about 8 inches, but someone came round and said "you knocked down a wall and moved it that far ?". Thing is, a full size 1700 bath now fits (which improves saleability - yes it really does !), and some dead space on the landing has been used. And it gave me space to insulate the solid walls. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

What's the exact space you have? Some '1700' baths are actually 1685, so you might have space for that, possibly with a small amount of plaster removal.

auctions