Barrier between polystyrene and PVC cables

I have polystyrene insulation around the edges of my floors (concrete screed, former underfloor heating). I am laying PVC cables (mains, telephone, data, satellite) around the edges of the rooms to be covered by a skirting front.

I need a barrier between the PVC cables and the polystyrene insulation. Some sort of plastic sheet that I can cut into strips and lay under the cables.

However what sort of material will be non-reactive with both PVC and polysytrene, and come possibly in sheets which I can cut down to strips about 4" wide?

I have considered using just a couple of layers of newspaper.

Cheap is always attractive.

TIA

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

It's not really permitted to install cables behind skirting. Have you considered using skirting trunking? I haven't looked at it in detail for ages, so I'm not sure what's currently on the market.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I'm making my own skirting trunking :-) but it's open backed.

Most of the cables are actually below floor surface level in the gap between the screed and the wall.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Is it clean enough for a tape to stick?

I was thinking of wide duct tape but maybe this:

Alternatively, is you prefer non-adhesive then warning or barrier tape would save cutting strips:

Newspaper is traditional and your floor sounds as if it has been done properly but it will hold moisture if there is any dampness or in case of spills.

Reply to
fred

Polythene?

If you happen to have some left-over DPC, I'd use that. (Not cheap to buy though.)

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Easy to cut to width from the roll.

Reply to