Bad neighbours and cctv question

Not so - all the very worst quality early VHS camcorders do 625 lines. Producing dreadful low res pictures. You need a good frequency response as well if talking broadcast analogue - up to about 5.5 mHz.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There is an women down my mothers road who has had a camera up for about a year now that looks straight down the row of gardens at peoples children and people coming in and out of there houses.

In short the council didnt want to know anything about it nor did the constabulary.

Gordy

Reply to
Gordy

Yes well,you're talking Svhs there ie luminance carrier. :-)

Reply to
George

There's a Home Office guidance document on the use of CCTV in evidence. I'm not sure it it's public domain thought. I think it is because it was intended for the guidance of CCTV operators in shopping malls as well as building security.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Can you repeat that, biut this time in English?

Reply to
Steve Firth

It always strikes me when watching "Bladerunner" that they couldn't have come up with a clunkier image enhancement process if they had tried. And even among policemen (or is that especially among policemen?) there are those that point at some crappy sub-VHS quality video and say "can you enhance that?"

Reply to
Steve Firth

Nothing will happen, until there are complaints. I personally don't install cameras that look any where only at the customer's property including their car. I also don't install ptz cameras on domestics. When I do install cameras I take photos of there positions, upon installation. I have had to show some of my neighbours the direction of mine as they did not like my i.r lighting at night.

One thing c.c.t.v.is here to stay.

Kind Regards.

Micky.

Reply to
Micky Savage

Which part?

Reply to
Micky Savage

Why not? I give free advice regularly - provided that the person indemnifies me first. I find that doing so pays off in the long run as word of mouth recommendations eventually gets me business. Any form of pressure selling or even suggestin a sale in such a situation is a waste of time - the offer to buy has to come from the person being advised voluntarily. Give the man the benefit of the doubt why not? Chris G

Reply to
mail

They won't be, there is no law to stop a householder having a CCTV pointing at the street. There is no law requiring you to register it. There is no law requiring you to put up warning stickers.

They might be interested if you fit a 20:1 hdtv camera on a pan and tilt mount so you can spy into bedrooms.

Reply to
dennis

> Up to 4 of these:

>> Plug into home pc (which must be switched on 24/7!).

No need for a pc.

Reply to
dennis

may cost £1300 but it can only record four channels so its not much good for unattended recording.

Reply to
dennis

All of it.

Reply to
Steve Firth

> It may cost £1300 but it can only record four channels so its not much good

Says records upto 16 cams in the blog and no HD installed Dennis.

Reply to
George

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Plowman (News)" saying something like:

What do you expect from the Co-op?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Sarah" saying something like:

I got a cheapy 4-channel PCI input card and a couple of cheapy Chinese cams from ebay a couple of years ago. The vid quality was ok, not HD by any means, but ok for seeing people coming and going from my front yard. I bought a NOS store cam which might have better definition, but the main thing is it can take power zooms and all that if I want to add them

- black and white, but you don't particularly need colour if it's ID-ing you want and it's zoomed in close enough. The store cam was pretty cheap - around 20pounds, iirc. All I need now is an external housing and they're cheap enough.

All this is feeding into a spare PC - but it's not a great load on a modern box and I run a motion-sensing programme so the disk isn't loaded with empty crap video.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Hi Chris .

Thanks Man.

advise costs nothing.I am lucky I don't have bad neighbours.

Kind Regards

Micky

Reply to
Micky Savage

Cock.

The DVR I referred to records PAL video at 720x576 at 25fps from 16 cameras simultaneously. The Maplin offering records at a maximum of

25fps but that is divided by the number of cameras - four cameras means it records at 6.25 frames per second.

Maplin also appear to have fouled up the specification, the Swann DVR is not a 720x576 recorder. According to Swann it offers PAL: 320 x 136 and

640 x 272 recording.

The Maximum HDD for the recorder I referred to is 2TB, the Swann is a maximum of 250GB. The Swann uses what can charitably be referred to as overcompressed M-JPEG for recording, not MPEG.

The recorder I referred to includes a DVD-RW drive because at some point the images will have to be produced as evidence - the Swann does not.

etc. etc. etc.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Steve , I can't be arsed.

You asked me for a full frame dvr. Whats that? You said somthing about a camera needing a tube,

Chipped camera's still have tvl.

Now talk to me not here to argue.

Regards Man.

Micky

Reply to
Micky Savage

The restrictions aren't that severe - for instance the camera can't be panned. Check out the Information Commissioner's site.

Reply to
Bob Eager