B&Q Trade Day

Picked up a flyer in my local B&Q superdepotwarehouse last week advertising a 'Trade Day' today.

Displays & demos were promised, "meet the UKs leading suppliers & see the latest equipment & materials".

Makita, Bosch, DeWalt, Irwin, Dulux, Karcher etc. Sounded good.

Got out of bed early to go & have a look before my first job. What a waste of good sleeping time.

Only three stands; Dulux, Evode & Evolution Power Tools.

I did see some things of interest, Evodes 'Fast Foam' a two pack expanding foam for small jobs that sets in 60 seconds - and it does

at £4:99 its a dear way to buy expanding foam, but useful for what I do & I charge it on anyway. Managed to blag a free pack :-)

The other thing was a demo of the Evolution 'Rage' circular saw. Cut 6mm mild steel with almost no sparks & then a worktop with no breakout - same blade. With a blade change concrete slabs with almost no dust. It cuts rather that abrades.

No use to me, but interesting & very impressive. Dunno how long a blade lasts, replacements were £20. Some kind of super dooper tungsten carbide apparently. Concrete slab cutting was most impressive.

Other than that a waste of time.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:13:57 +0100, "The Medway Handyman" mused:

Yep, I'd have summised that from the flyer tbh and stayed in bed anyway.

Reply to
Lurch