B&Q saw table comments

B&Q are flogging a Pro(their usual cheapo brand) 1800watt, 10ins blade, metal sawbench for 149, which I thought was pretty interesting. Quite a decent size, sturdy table, but the guides do not look so hot. Anyone got one, knowledge. I'd like to hear how difficult is it replace the blade, accurately set up, accuracy?
This is not spam, never liked the stuff.
--
Phil Wagstaff
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/philip.wagstaff/index.html

Costco - any idea how they stack up against Makro?
I have a Makro card, haven't been to Costco before. Suggestions welcome about Costco (plus any other warehouse in the Bracknell or Reading area).
Andrew
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 17:14:33 +0100, Andrew McKay

There's a Costco in Reading, apparently (at Green Park). I looked at their web site and it appears that you either have to be a trade customer, and be able to demonstrate so with business bank statements and VAT details or as an individual it appears to be restricted to a selection of people in public service employment. Peculiar way to do business....
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I have no problem proving I'm a business customer - had to do that with Makro a couple of months ago.
Andrew

They try to cherry pick customers with higher incomes, I think. Mind, I'm not sure it works...
The criteria on the website are much tighter than the ones that they apply (and indeed the list they display) in the store. For example, Chartered Engineers (in employment or not) are eligible, along with lots of similar professional qualifications. Go along with anything you have in the work/qualification line (and an electricity bill to prove address) and you'll almost certainly get personal membership.
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk