B&D electric chainsaw repair

Type B&D GK 1435 Has anyone managed to replace the clutch mechanism on one of these? If so, how do you get to the clutch? It looks to be in a "sealed" plastic box. Or is access via the big gear wheel? -then how do you get that off ? Thanks for any help (except "take it to the recycle place . . ." :-)

Reply to
Rob

Can't help with your quest but spares can be had here with the exploded diagram.

George

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

=A0 London SW

Yes, thanks, I found that earlier and it gave me hope. It looks as if the gear with axle should just slide out - but it doesn't. Parts 107, 167 are on the wrong side to stop this. (Also, I am not sure what 107 -"bearing needle" - means.). Unless I do this "intelligently" I am going to have a heap of small pastic bits, all saying "gotcha !". Rob

Reply to
Rob

n Decker¦8¦Outdoor¦60¦Chainsaws and

Yes, thanks, I found that earlier and it gave me hope. It looks as if the gear with axle should just slide out - but it doesn't. Parts 107, 167 are on the wrong side to stop this. (Also, I am not sure what 107 -"bearing needle" - means.). Unless I do this "intelligently" I am going to have a heap of small pastic bits, all saying "gotcha !". Rob

107 is a caged needle bearing, the shaft should just slide off this.

They look like this

-
Reply to
Mark

n Decker¦8¦Outdoor¦60¦Chainsaws and

Yes, thanks, I found that earlier and it gave me hope. It looks as if the gear with axle should just slide out - but it doesn't. Parts 107, 167 are on the wrong side to stop this. (Also, I am not sure what 107 -"bearing needle" - means.). Unless I do this "intelligently" I am going to have a heap of small pastic bits, all saying "gotcha !". Rob

Use a digtital camera in video mode as near to it as possible,then dismantle. When you come to reassemble just watch the vid as to how you took it apart and reverse the procedure.

Reply to
George

=A0 =A0 London SW

And maybe a few "pingfuckits"?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

=A0 =A0 London SW

Video - a good idea (I'd thought of a few dig. shots at critical stages). "ping . . ." under my breath of course, in case the Mail on Sunday hears it.

Needle bearings: ah, ha, I see there are two (part 107). One is still in the plastic molding (123) the other is probably in the other plastic molding (117) and the press fit is stopping the shaft from coming out. Apply pressure . . . I am away for the weekend but will try again on Monday. Thanks for the help here. Rob

Reply to
Rob

Or if there are young people about "whereditgoes".

Reply to
Dave Liquorice