Axminster keyless chucks

Anybody tried an Axminster keyless chuck in a drill press ?
Any good?
Paul Mc Cann

I've had one for two or three years now and I am very happy with it. It is smooth in operation and grips well (even very small bits).
--
Howard Neil

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 22:47:02 +0100, "Howard Neil" <hneil@REMOVE TO REPLY.co.uk> wrote:

Thanks Howard, I'll give one a try then
Paul Mc Cann
Missed the rest of the thread, but I bought a keyless chuck from Screwfix recently. Got fed up with the teeth on the keyed ones wearing down eventually, mislaying the key etc.
The chuck itself seems to be fine but I found one big disadvantage. It's fatter than the keyed chuck, so all my accessories that fit the drill's collar won't get past it. I have to take the chuck off to change from, say, the standard handle to a benchmount clamp.
I'm an impatient devil at the best of times and this sort of hold-up when in the flow of things is sufficient to bring on a demonstration of my expertise in a dialect of English widely spoken by quarry workers.
W.