Arsenal 5-0 Aston Villa - All Goals & Highlights 01/02/2015

Serena Williams

Who gives a shit? 22 morons kicking a pigs bladder round a field while

10,000 morons watch.
Reply to
Huge

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

10,000 that's *very* low, attendance for this one was 59,958.

If people are happy to pay to see footy on the telly I'll happily keep providing the coverage ... So I have some interest but not much in the clubs other than who is coming up and who is going down, that has an impact on my income.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Was it? Imagine my indifference. I have no idea how many people might go to a football match. I've never seen one, beginning to end. I shall go to my grave perfectly happy never to have seen one beginning to end.

I can see why that might pique one's interest.

Reply to
Huge

According to the BBC Sport match report page, yes. B-)

60k is for the big clubs, some stadiums don't hold that many. If attendances start to drop below about 40k for a Premier League club it means the home support is walking away from a losing club.

What suprises me is that people are prepared to pay so much money to sit and get cold. Dad and two kids with pie x 1, chips x 3, drinks x

3, will be between £60 and £100. Season ticket is at least £500 if

not £600 for the smaller clubs. I'm also surprised at the number of them about 3 hours before the kick off (haven't they got homes to have lunch in) and the number that, having paid enough money to buy a weeks groceries, leave before the final whistle.

I been at hundreds of matches (around about 40/season and this has been regular work for over 10 years...) but I don't think I have ever actually watched one begining to end.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You're not alone in this. I'm often surprised just how many people feel the same.

Football wrecks lives. BIL knows nothing else and cares about nothing else - fair enough, he's an adult - but his grandsons (fortunately he has only daughters) are going the same way. Knackered knees by the time you're 40, expensive season tickets and subscription TV. Sun reader. What a waste.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

... I cared I'd have read that. :o)

Glad it provides you with a living. Otherwise I wouldn't care less if footy disappeared tomorrow.

Reply to
Huge

In the '70s, I did a whole season on attachment to BBC OBs. Mainly the Match of Today unit. Averaged two matches a week and included the Cup Final. Pretty well all seen from the main camera position under the grandstand roof.

Only thing that made it bearable was the money. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Think I could honestly say that about all sport as on TV.

I enjoy watching club or classic car motor racing for real - but F1 on TV or real leaves me cold.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

10000? Oakwell dreams of that many.
Reply to
ARW

Where do you stand on snooker, darts or golf?

Reply to
ARW

I also do the occasional U21's or U16's. The TV crew of 30 or so can be 10% of the "crowd" ...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice