aquapanel / bar mixer panelmount

Is aquapanel of sufficient strength to mount a bar mixer on using the panel mount option, ie. a washer and bolt either side of the panel on the 1/2" bsp externally threaded inlet ? Will it cope with someone tripping and grabbing the bar mixer ? I've heard that aquapanel can be rather brittle. Would it crack in this situation ? Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Highly unlikely. Washer and "bolt"? On the 1/2" tails?

Most probably. Secure the mixer onto something very solid. Saying that, if the Aquapanel was screwed to a solid surface all around the mixers tails and the pipes were securely clipped, I suspect it would take it. But if you have so much solid surface around you may as well fix the mixer onto something more solid. Screwing Aquapanel together around the mixer area, about 18" all around the mixer, will give much greater strength.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Whoops. Washer and nut of course.

Last time I mounted the mixer or an aluminium panel that was screwed into brick. May do something similar this time. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson