anyone want a dimplex storage heater

I have one of the above that I've decided I no longer want.

I believe it's 3.4KW it's 1 metre in length and weighs a ton, well about

150KG I think. It was brought about 1987/8, but has hardly been used, it is designed to be used with the economy 7 tariff and really needs hard wiring in.

Presently it doesn't work I know why, the connector block where the cables go has burnt out, this heater was hardly used. I think it was just a loose connection arcing that caused the burnout of the choc-block. I've taken it apart so it's off the wall and in pieces. I think there's 16 heavy bricks and 3 or 4 heating elements.

The heater itself is brown (maybe teak wood effect) rather than the more common white. As I say I don;t want it anymore so am looking to get rid of it, I doubt the bin men will takeany of if I put it in the recycle box ;-).

So can anyone think of a sensible use for it, or would like it for spares or even fix it. colelction only from Walthamstow London E17.

whisky-dave

I would have thought that it will only be of interest to people local to you - if at all. [In my book, storage heaters are the work of the Devil!]

You could try offering it via your local Freecycle group - I asume you don't want any *money* for it?!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Yes, local stuff for local people ;-)

But I thought I'd post here as peolpe here might have more of an idea what it is and what to do with it. I too think that such things should be classed as the work of teh devil but tehr must be some use for those heavy and expensive 'bricks' I was wonderign what they were made out of.

That was my next choice I hav some bronze tint glass shelve to get rid of too.

Well if it wee thrown at me I'd catch it. But I really wanted the stuff to go to someone that would be able to make use of it in some way.

Reply to
whisky-dave