Anyone got a video link for refixing loose door frames?

Anyone got a video link for refixing loose door frames?

Any amount of hinge stuff on you tube and it was quite annoying ploughing t hrough them especially when the idiot making the video wants to talk for a minute before starting. Worse ones have an heavy accent as they show us wha t they got for Christsmess. (Usually stuff they wouldn't bother with if the y had to pay for it.)

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

What is there to say? Screw them to the brickwork, pack them out with Gripfil? Whatever it takes really

Reply to
stuart noble

We would make a suggestion, but we are probably not bright enough...

Reply to
John Rumm

Here you go. Took seconds and seconds of searching. Doubt it'll make you happy though.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

talk about reinforcing the OPs thoughts,what a load of unadulterated crap, could have done it in a few seconds. Completely useless fixings for that job unless that bit of wood was just decorative, I would not hang anything from it.

Reply to
F Murtz

On Friday, 15 January 2016 23:29:59 UTC, Tim wrote: Snipped. When one is an hurry one requires brevity.

Thanks for the effort Tim

90 seconds in and he is still talking about what he is going to do.

Next?

le resist marketing crapware just because its free?)

I can't believe that nobody has made a video on the most difficult of possi bilities. If you want to laugh at the cupidities of people bothering to pos t film of them replacing hinges or worse just bodging-up old ones, by all m eans laugh. But when you are faced with the task of reassuring someone over the internet that a big job such as re-bracing a sound frame spanning too much cavity is really quite easy, you have to wonder.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

You speak for the majority I take it. (Because you really are that stupid, that was not a question.)

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

What did you moan about before the lack of content on the internet? Make the video yourself.

Reply to
Richard

You are assuming I have the ability and worse, a suitable problem.

It's just a matter of not answering when you don't have the answer. It seem s to be a major obstacle on the site. I don't disapprove. Sometimes these t hreads take on an informative kaleidoscope all based on an inability to adm it they don't know something as simple as for example: a link.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer