Anyone else think it's odd...

...that the UK are actively helping refugees from Africa crossing the Mediterranean to safety in Italy, but after that are blaming Italy and France for poor border security when they try to get to the UK?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes. They should simply drop them off back on the southern shores of the Med. Preferably a long way from access to floating things.

Reply to
Richard

I assume you are looking for some DIY on this topic so do you fancy going to France and offering to sponsor the 14 year old living in "The Jungle" who was on Radio 4 today?

PS What does *not* strike me as odd is that a 14 year old can cross France and live in The Jungle for months. Great way of discouraging needy immigrants the Gallic shrug, innit?

Reply to
Robin

Of course. You couldn't make it up. Rescue them, yes. But then return them to Libya.

Reply to
Tim Streater

*applause*
Reply to
Huge

What is that to my right, oh, that must be my right hand then, I wondered where it had gone. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff