Any problems with Mitsubishi dehumidifiers...

...apart from the cost? While they are more expensive than the competition they do seems to be quieter, less expensive to run and have a reasonable reputation for reliability.

Grateful for any feedback.

Reply to
rbel

Depends upon what you want it for - or rather what conditions it will be working in.

As far as I know, Mitsubishi only do condenser types.

These are cheaper to run & work efficiently - provided the temperature is above, say, 18 to 20 C.

Below that they become less & less efficient down to around 5 C where they won't work at all.

If you heat your home to above 18 C & keep it warm all the time, go for a condenser type.

I you're a stingy bu33er like me & your house is a lot cooler, better buy a desiccant type - they do cost more per hour to run but work right down to 1 C with no loss of efficiency.

dehumidifier.html

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Many thanks for the link and your comments.

It will be placed in a hallway where the temperature range is 20 with a night setback to 17 so it should be OK.

Reply to
rbel