[?] Any market for old York stone 'crazy paving' and blocks.

I'm shortly going to have a York stone 'crazy paving' patio and dwarf wall removed in order to accommodate a new conservatory. The 'crazy paving' slabs presently cover an area of around 15 square metres, and the dwarf wall is about two metres long and a metre high.

I'm certain that old York stone must have some value and wonder if there is much of a 'second-hand' resale market for it. If this is the case, could someone in this NG be kind enough to point me in the right direction? BTW, I'm in Bromley, S.E. London.

Many thanks,

- Dave.

Reply to
David Chapman

Stick it on ebay. I've just bought a load of your paving from there. Not crazy paving but proper flags and had to pay a considerable sum but still much less than the reclamation yards.

Reply to
nicknoxx

I'd have it off you - I need almost exactly that amount to pave a yard. Unfortunately I'm in East Yorkshire.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

I sold the 170 Marshalite blocks (looked like Cotswold stone) that formed my dwarf wall for £41 on eBay a few weeks ago.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

I'm also re-doing my small front garden and I'm in Bromley :-) Maybe David would care to put a photo up?

I've just bought some rope edging from Beckenham, so proof that EBay works for this sort of stuff. Didn't pay a lot but, for the seller, it beats taking it to the tip, where there is now a minimum charge of £20 to dump 160 kgs of anything d-i-y or building related. In theory that means £20 for a single bag of, say, wood offcuts. I think they're making the rules up as they go along, but the writing is certainly on the wall.

Reply to
stuart noble

mmm "dump it out in the country somewhere dark and quiet" would seem to be the message

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Definitely worth it.

Should get about 10 quid a square.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

E-mail me off-NG and we can discuss this further, if you wish.

- David

Reply to
David Chapman

Will do