Alpha 240 E Gas Boiler

Oddly, I had a Vaillant which was the most unreliable POS I've ever experienced, and the Alpha that replaced it (reccomended by a heating installer) has, so far (~4 years?), been reliable (crosses fingers). One look at the rat's nest of jumbled wire in the Vaillant's control box didn't exactly give me confidence. Mind this wasn't helped by the fact that only proper Vaillant engineers seemed to know how the bloody thing worked.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

No - to repair the boiler

rads would be a follow on from the "need" to upgrade the boiler

Reply to
geoff

In message , Doctor Drivel writes

What use is a steep water filled valley to a ford fitter?

Reply to
geoff

Intergas and Atmos are simple, well made and highly reliable. Intergas are making headway in the UK.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I like the idea to [insert a plate heat exchanger between the boiler and the rad circuit with full-bore isolating valves for removal and cleaning. ] and to desludge and keep the existing radiators, but is it worth servicing the Alpha240E (£200 ish for a circuit board) or shall we chuck it and replace it? [g]

Reply to
george [dicegeorge]