Alarm Bell Box wiring

Hope someone can help ...
My existing alarm panel (A1 Alarms RF8000) has failed, now bought a
complete replacement RESPONSE RE 3000, I want to use my existing Bellbox, and not have to install the box which came with the kit .... my house has been sold and I will be moving out.
To avoid having to replace the bell box, I would like to wire in the
new RESPONSE RE3000 to use the RF8000 bell
box.
However I am confused as to what I connect to what.
The A1 alarm used 6 cores to the bell box :
Colour alarm panel id Bellbox id
Green - 0 -
White - RT Return
Black - Bell - sw -
Red - Bell + +
Blue - Strobe - Strobe
Yellow - Strobe + Strobe
The RESPONSE only uses 4 wires ..
Red - Siren
Black - COM
Yellow - Charge
Blue - Tamper
There are 5 other unused connections - NO, C, NC, Power -, Power +
Anybody know how to connect the existing A1 alarm box up to the
Response
Rick

Your best bet might be to contact both A1 and Response (or whoever makes it) and ask for some more info, including circuit diagrams. If the info they send is complicated for you, I am sure there will be someone here who can help out.
Rob
The problem with these "DIY" panels and boxes it that the terminology used is not insustry standard and so its difficult to advise.
You may need to meter the various connections.

The problem is I don't know what I'm looking for ... so difficult to measure.

In that case I suggest you call in an alarm engineer.

If that was the best solution .. then there would be no point in a DIY usenet group.
I am more than capable of the testing, but don't know what is in the boxes ... hoping someone of the group does.

Well actually no. Sometimes the best solution is to bite the bullet and call someone in.

The Response Sounder doesn't have "Strobe" connections, so you can miss them out.
The negative - from the control panel is connected to the COM
The positive + from the control panel is connected to the Charger
The Tamper is connected to either a positive or negative return in the control panel. You'll have to tell the panel what the bell box uses in the programming, and find out with a test meter which signal of tamper in the bell box sends back to the panel.
You'll need a switched connection from the control panel, either positive or negative dependant on which makes the Siren work, from the control panel to the Siren terminal in the bell box. You might be able to use the Strobe or Switched Bell connection from the control panel to make this work.
Hope this helps.
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

It has certainly given me something to try - time to annoy neighbours with alarm sounding while I try again.
Thanks
Rick
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:57:05 +0000 (UTC), "Rick Hughes"

Looks like the existing bellbox doesn't have an internal battery, or at least not a rechargeable one. I'd try connecting Bell + and Strobe + to SIREN, Bell- and strobe- to COM. Connect Return to Tamper. If the system won't come out of tamper, follow the panel instructions for a bell without tamper connection.
--
Niall