Air in heating system

I've just had fitted a Worcester combi boiler to replace an existing combi and is a sealed system.

The problem I've had is that the upstairs radiators constantly fill with air that I purge only to reappear after a few days. This is causing the pressure to increase in the system each time.

Can't find any leaks and I don't need to top up the water. Is there any type of valve in the boiler that may let air in but not let water out?

Mezza

Reply to
Mezza

Has the plastic cap been left on the auto air vent on the top of the boiler? Mine had (12 years ago) and I had all sorts of problems. Last year it blocked and I had hot water being expelled into the header tank (it is not a sealed system)

I hope this might be a clue - but your boiler / set up will be different.

John

Reply to
John

Test the 'air' for hydrogen gas. If it is then you have severe corrosion taking place. If this happened after you did everything 'right' like flushing out the system and adding corrosion inhibitor then this is bad news. Otherwise it serves you right for skipping on the instructions.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Test it how? Is it safe to put a match to it?

Reply to
Pete

A corgi engineer fitted the boiler 2 weeks ago and did flush the system with cleaner and added inhibitor. He is away at the moment and won't be back until later this week. The house is 10 years old so no 'old' type pipes, can you give me any advice?

Mezza

Reply to
Mezza