Air between bonding coats?

Hi All

I got around to starting the plastering on my doorway I filled. Built a stud frame and plasterboarded. One side was low, about 10mm to the top of the bond coat.

So... I applied two coats of bonding over two days and all was going fine. Came back today to apply the third. Now the mix was a little thicker than the previous two but was workable. Got the muck on the wall, it was looking OK. Started to work it with the trowel to level it out and whilst it has levelled I started to see lumps appearing which I can only guess are air pockets as I could press them and feel them give under my finger.

Left the wall for 15 minutes and tried a wet trowel to push the pockets of air out, still no joy, tried a dry trowel 1/2 later still no joy.

So its still on the wall at this stage. Im guessing the mix was too dry and trapped air as I trowlled it on, what do you think?

Can anyone tell me why they have appeared and how to remedy it?

Cheers.

Reply to
Eric Cartman