advice on mounting a big mirror on bathroom wall

I notice that the instructions (ELCH Pro mirror bonding adhesive) tell you to remove the polyproylene safety backing from the mirror if a test shows the glue does not stick to it well enough.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

We've got one about the same size in our bathroom (1900 x 750) and it's great. Makes the room seem twice as big and helps bounce the light around from the single small window.

It never seems to steam up - we've got a decent extractor in there...

I used eight of these (two packs) to fix it:-

stevelup

That's a neat way. But we had 8 holes drilled and used the little screws with rubber grommets and chrome domes. We fixed it this evening. Blobs of adhesive at 100mm separations on the back to make it get support from the slightly uneven wall and the eight screws to take the weight. It went up pretty easily with two of us.

Mnay thanks to everyone for a very useful discussion.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

Interesting that you did exactly what you proposed in the first place :-)

Reply to
Stuart Noble