Acidic spring water - how to increase pH?

Hi

We have a private spring water supply and during winter especially, we get blue ring water-marks around the bath after use, and the wife's highlights get tinged green (not impressed!!).

From my limited understanding and research so far it would seem :- we've got acidic water that's leaching copper and other elements out of the (presumably) copper pipework and into the water.

From a trawl of usenet I've come across a mention of "dosing machines" that inject alkali solutions into incoming water but not a lot else specific to household water supplies. (I've asked the poster of that message for info. but any other guidance gratefully received).

Anyone have any experience of this problem? Any suggestions of how to try to solve/improve it simply (and cheaply!) most welcome.

(or suggestions of a more appropriate group to post in ?)

thanks in advance Jim

Reply to
jim

Hi,

Search Google UK for 'pH correction filter'

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

I've sent you a direct email with the details & photos of our system

HTH Adrian

Reply to
Adrian