AA Home Emergency Responce insurance

People should stop thinking of the AA as a friendly assistance company. They are owned by Centrica and the same goes for motor insurance firms. They are owned by venture capital companies and some firms are owned by the same company. Just regard them with suspicion and you wont be surprised. Robbie

Reply to
Roberts

Completely agree. I do keep meaning to do something about my AA membership, must have given them over £1000 over the last 10+ years for nought back....

BTW Can you fix your newsreader please? It's launching separate threads into usenet and you are not Mr Plowman....

Reply to
Adrian C

Like buying a s**te car?:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Well, I'll use the AA for motor or house insurance if they're cheapest. Some years they are, some not. Currently I have the Suzuki Alto (new last October) insured for £149 with LV (for max 8000 miles per year).

MM

Reply to
MM

In message , MM wrote

The AA are just brokers taking their cut of your money as commission. They are no different to "go compare" or other such companies.

Reply to
Alan

Yes most are just insurance companies like any other, in it to make money and nothing wrong with that of course, but I do feel that they trade on their past to hoodwink the public too much. Its branding at work.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes...the worst one has to be British Gas...they fool people into thinking they are safe and reliable because "they are the gas board". And another offender is BT, of course.

Reply to
Bob Eager

When I'd just passed my test and needed insurance (many decades ago...) I'd been around several brokers getting quotes. The AA ran an advert saying they could access more policies than anyone else and so would be the cheapest. I tried them, and they were more than double the next most expensive quote I'd had. That left the sort of bad taste that means they've never had my business since then.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Because the insurance company will give you a better deal if you bargin with them to buy 10,000 policies than if you are just buying 1.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I dumped BT for Zen Home Talk a few months ago and receive an excellent service.

MM

Reply to
MM

: BTW Can you fix your newsreader please? It's launching separate threads : into usenet and you are not Mr Plowman....

It's not his newsreader, he changed the spelling in the subject line.

Reply to
Him & Her

YMYA.

I had the same experience, plus they wanted to know when my house contents cover expired and got sniffy when I wouldn't tell them.

Reply to
Huge