A simple idea but brilliant.

I bought a mortar mixing cloth thingie from B&Q as I was working on the first floor, and mixing up mortar etc is usually a messy business, This is basically just a plastic coated cloth with four handles and a sort of skirt - a bit like a kids swimming pool. Allows you to mix up with no mess on the floor. Let the remains harden, and just sort of fold it up and they fall off. Only cost a few quid. One of those ideas I'd not thought of and bought on impulse - and proved worth its weight in gold.

Of course everyone here will know about them. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Or accuse you of spamming ;-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

I've seen them, pleased to know they actually work - I'll pick one up, cheers.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Ever known a spammer who doesn't give a URL? ;-)

But are you really saying one shouldn't mention a product you think others might not know about?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

John Stumbles coughed up some electrons that declared:

Bah!

;->

Reply to
Tim S

Shock, horror. B&Q sell something that is useful?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

No I don't but I'll be off to buy several because the bricklayer and plasterer really pissed me off when they mixed up mortar and render on a

150 year old floor with unglazed paviors. And they are due back soon.
Reply to
Steve Firth

To replace the floor ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

No, to bugger up something else, I suspect. They are supposed to be putting right the jobs they have fouled up, a very long list. My lawyer tells me that I have to give them an opportunity to put things right before I sue them. Personally I'd just like to kill them and bury the corpses.

When my wife pointed out the mess they told her not to worry because they have this special, very gentle, cleaning technique that will get rid of all the mortar, using walnut shells. She thought that sounded OK. I asked her about her former ban on the use of sand blasting and she said no she still doesn't want any sand blasting of beams or floors. Then I broke the news to her that the "special cleaning technique" probably involved sand blasting. She faced the pair and demanded an honest answer and they started acting like kids, staring at the floor. Yup, they intended to sand blast the floor, and looking at the back of the van where there were two drums of 40 grit, I reckon the "walnut shell" line was just bull.

Reply to
Steve Firth

What and you think they'll actually use them? ;-)

David

Reply to
Lobster

They might, I have been using a tufspot for the last 15 years, I bet the picnic blankets wont last as long. ;-)

Reply to
dennis

That was my worries - because using even a spot board water often gets where it shouldn't. Of course a rough builder could put his spade through it - so perhaps for third party use a spot board on top of it would be sensible.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

For mixing smaller quantities of filler etc one can borrow silicone(1) bakeware from the kitchen cupboard

Owain

(1) It's not made of silicon despite what the shopping channels say.

Reply to
Owain

Not round my house you can't....

David