27" Bi-Fold Door!

Anybody know of any manufacturer/stockist of a 27" door suitable for a tiny bathroom where access is constricted? Tried B&Q etc but no joy...

Thanks

Mick

Reply to
deleted item

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:58:10 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "deleted item" strung together this:

Buy a solid door and a saw.

Reply to
Lurch

Magnet appear to do 24" and 30" doors in bi-fold. Not sure about 27". Ask them!

Reply to
Set Square

Buy one of each and chop them together - hey presto a 27" door!

Reply to
Scott M

Except that a bi-fold door needs two *equal* leaves in order to fold in the middle. Taking half of a 24" and half of a 30" door won't do this!

Reply to
Set Square

True, although it does depend on the mechanism and what you are trying to achieve.

With a tracked mechanism where there is a cam at the leading edge of the door, it won't work properly because the mechanism will jam.

However, if the door is hinged at the edges and centre only and no slide mechanism, then it would work OK if the wider piece of door were nearer the frame hinge. It might look a bit odd though....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

You could possibly *make* it work - but not without it looking like the bodge which it would be!

Reply to
Set Square

Well, I did say it would look a bit odd.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Try Wickes

Reply to
Paper2002AD

I got a 30" one for my bathroom and cut it down to 27", there was more than enough wood there to remove 19mm of each side

Reply to
Frank

These do them

Click on whichever style you want and then on the sizes and options button. Don't panic at the prices I bought a 1981 * 711 (part no.12415) 6 panel textured moulded door from Jewsons (they had to order it due to 'non standard' width, it took 3 -

4 days) for just under £26.00, the Premdor site says £83.43.

Hope that helps

John

Reply to
John

Thought of that but was put off by the chopping off of part of the lock block and weakening the hinge side of the door....

Reply to
deleted item