1/2" mains water to 3/4" spur to utility room?

Having a large coil of 3/4" PEX, I am thinking of using this to tee-off from the existing 1/2" mains feed in the kitchen. The 3/4" will feed the washing-machine in the utility room.

Is there any reason that I shouldn't go from 1/2" to 3/4"?

Or must the run to the utility room be 1/2"?

FrancisJK

Reply to
FrancisJK

No.