water heater noise??

Got a house that isn't used much. We turn the water off at the street valve and the water heater off at the breaker when we leave it and turn it on and purge the hot water lines when returning before we turn the water heater back on.

Water heater makes noise as if there is water boiling inside when (guessing now) the heater elements are on.

Should it? Are we damaging something? What is the proper procedure?

thanks,

Richard

Reply to
Rich

sometimes when the heating element becomes encrusted with minerials they will make a lot of noise. Sounds like you are useing a good procedure for shuting the tank off. If you plan to leave it for an extended period you should consider draining it; especialy if it could ever be subject to freezeing.

Reply to
Ned Flanders