SUMP PUMP

We bought a house thats about 10 years old a few months ago. I have a sump pump in my basement. Its on an AC/DC system with a battery back up. The pump has been running non-stop for the past few days. The pump cover is plastic and is caulked on. I put my hand on the cover and its hot. I can't see any water either. What could cause the pump to run constantly if there was no water in the sump? It's Feburary and very cold outside. It's quite dry and there is just a dusting of snow. There is none near the house. Any ideas?

Reply to
JeffnTonya

Check the float switch.

Reply to