Remodel done Toilet does not Flush right...

I am in need of some advice. We moved the 2nd floor toilet 10 inches to the right and now it barely flushes when there is only toilet paper in the bowl. Any solids will stop it up and takes about 3 attempts with the plunger to get it cleared.

Here are the facts: Oregon, 3" ABS, (1/16 bends used to jog over to new location of bowl). Original toilet 12" directly out from wall. New location 12" out from same wall and 10" to the right of original location.

*Original toilet 15-1/4" Center to Center from stack to center of bowl.

*New toilet is 19-1/2" from stack to center of bowl. Included in the 19-1/2" run is a couple of 1/16 bends.

Is this too far away from the vent to be functional? What do I do now?

I think my only remedy is to take out the ceiling and wall on the first floor to expose the pipes. Cut out all 3" pipes and offset the stack to line up with the new location of the toilet. The vent does not have to line up but can remain where it is with an extension added to get it over to the new location. That will make the run under the toilet back to the original

15 1/2" which I think will work again...?

I hope I do not have to take apart the walls on the second floor because I installed ceramic tile. Looks like I will have to take out that tile to be able to hook up the vent... (

Repair to sheetrock and time spent moving the pipes.....UG!

TIA Bernie

Reply to
Marge Mares

It sounds from your description that you have a blockage in the pipe or toilet. You can have a total of 90 degrees (horizontal) between the vent and closet Flange. and be 6 feet developed length from the vent to closet flange. Also if you back graded the line then you will need to cut it out and do over. I would pull toilet, check that the trapway in toilet is clear and you have not blocked the toilet outlet or closet flange inlet with wax or the wax horn from a noseep. If the pipe to the closet flange is full of water remove the water with a shop vac and check for debris in the pipe (Also check for back grade.) sometimes you can get a mirror in the pipe to look for problems. Dale

Reply to
Dale Wilcox