PVC and concrete

I heard that pvc has a bad reaction when it comes into contact with concrete. I have googled it and cannot find anything of value. So I have a couple questions.
1. Is it true? 2. If I used concrete to hold pvc in place, about how long do I have before I have to replace the pipe.
TIA

I have never seen a problem. That doesn't mean there isn't one. I just have never seen it. I have seen problems with excessive exposure to chlorine (it swells) and excessive exposure to UV (it shrinks and becomes brittle)

Probably not in your lifetime.
Bob Wheatley
i keep cement away from metal when possible, never worried about pvc.