PVC and concrete

I heard that pvc has a bad reaction when it comes into contact with concrete. I have googled it and cannot find anything of value. So I have a couple questions.

  1. Is it true?
  2. If I used concrete to hold pvc in place, about how long do I have before I have to replace the pipe.

TIA

Reply to
nospam

I have never seen a problem. That doesn't mean there isn't one. I just have never seen it. I have seen problems with excessive exposure to chlorine (it swells) and excessive exposure to UV (it shrinks and becomes brittle)

Probably not in your lifetime.

Bob Wheatley

Reply to
Bob Wheatley

i keep cement away from metal when possible, never worried about pvc.

Reply to
Ned Flanders