Pipe wrench marks

I was refurbishing a steam generator for a piece of food service equipment and I was assembling a small water manifold made out of galvanized pipe and I was using several pipe wrenches and a pair of pipe wrench pliers and after tightening every fitting there were some really bad pipe wrench marks and it made it unprofessional looking and it happens every time I turn any kind of pipe. The next time I was working on some equipment and looked closely at some gas lines and some other galvanized piping I could not fine and of the same marks. Is there a trick that pro's use to eliminate those marks? Thanks in advance.

Good quality pipe wrenches (Ridgid) with sharp teeth will not slip and tear up the pipe.
MM
Plumbers have "RIDGID" tools. hehe

Yeah, but I'm still waiting for HOT to send me a Ridgid Calendar so I can stay Ridgid......!