Options for replacing this valve?

Page 2 of 2

Ahhhh, how sweet, two shit suckers (literally) chiming in.

Ahhhh, how sweet, Ronnie the dick sucker chimed in too.
Bob Wheatley

Well now you've done it. Just apologize and back away slowly. You have no idea how vicious these guys can be. BTW, your comment would have had more punch had you kept it as a metaphor.
Almost looks like a reunion here, before you know it we'll see JP and Hot posting.
kenny b
snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote in

LOL!
Eric

You already have loads of input, mostly good.
Definitely get the water company to shut the street valve.
What I would add is to hacksaw the upper elbow thru its middle so that end is free, then unsolder the bottom end of the valve. The heat will boil the water out (careful of boiling spatters). Then unsolder the rest of the elbow, clean both ends, and sweat a new valve and elbow into place. You may need to add a short bit of pipe between the valve and elbow (if the new valve is smaller) or cut a bit off the top of the vertical pipe (if the new valve is larger).
--
Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353
i would heat the top elbow and pull it off the pipe going into the house, then heat the lower valve and pull it off the lower pipe , then reassemble with new parts.