interpreting water-softener & iron-filter operation from discharge hoses?

i have well-water that is high in clear-water iron and pretty hard. we run our softener for ~60 grains of hardness. we also have appreciable sulphur as well as a recurrent iron/sulpur reducing bacteria problem.
i'm wondering if the discharge hoses can tell me anything about possible problems w/ my equipment: 1. iron-filter discharge hose looks an opaque black (originally clear).
2. softener discharge hose has a slight orangish tinge.
any thoughts?