Water softener operation

Checking the salt level in our Nuwave MD600 recently, I was surprised to find the outer container nearly full of brine! Probably at the overflow outlet level.

Is this normal? I don't remember ever tipping fresh salt tablets into water.

The handbook explains how to trigger a cycle but does not give a detailed explanation of the operating sequence.

Can someone kindly run me through the process?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

no. it is not normal you may have a blocked drain tube.

Normally the machine switches the water to bypass mode, runs salty water through the resin, flushing any excess down the drain...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks for that. I suspect an issue with a float valve. Four years since the last service so I think a call out affordable.

Poking around the Net, I found this:-

Underneath a worktop and sandwiched by the tumble drier, I think this is a job for a younger body:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I thought so too, but no younger body was interested in doing it.

Nightmare to reinstall a new unit, since the old one had been 'built in'...bruises everywhere and cramps...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Daughter had an old water softener which was full of water. WS pronounced dead.

Hopefully yours is something more trivial.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David