Installation of a flow inducer shroud

I have a 6" well hole with an inside diameter of 5". My pump is 4" and may be set below the bottom of the casing. I don't know how deep the casing goes. The well is 115' deep and water level is about 45' down. With the low producing well, about 3 - 4 gal per minute, I think I want the pump at 105'. With this configuration I have read that I need a skirt, also called a flow inducer shroud around the intake and motor to keep the motor cool. It is just a 1/2 hp 220 v 2 wire pump motor. I don't think there is enough room to put a big enough skirt down the 5" hole. If the pump motor is under water, I would think it would be cool enough anyway. Would this be correct? Thanks for you comments, Henry

may
casing
the low

105'.
flow
is
5"
To fill that pool twice in a month, you don't have a low producing well, just a lower than some recovery rate. Low producing here is in the <=3 gpm range.
A 6" well is the ID of the casing, but you may have 5 5/8" casing. You only need a "skirt" if there is a possibility, like filling a pool, is a possibility. That's because the water will be coming from above the pump, into the inlet of the 'pump' which is above the motor which is hanging in stagnant water. Which will overheat the motor unless you have one with thermal overload protection. A screened well you set the pump above the screen or in the screened area and the water moves over the motor getting into the inlet.
Yes keeping 10' or so off the bottom of a rock bore is a good idea due to sediment buildup on the bottom of the hole.
Gary Quality Water Associates