Heat Exchanger, what do you use?

Let's say you were going to make a heating system for a driveway. Using a two-circuit system, that is one circuit: Ethylene glycol-water circulating through the pipes under the driveway and also through a heat exchanger. The other circuit: Regular house hot water system. But it also has a loop going through the heat exchanger, and you use, say, twice[1] the normal heating capacity.

What would be a good way to make the water heat exchanger? Is there something commercially available?

I don't have any current plans to make such a system. I'm just contemplating.

[1] Just guessing. I'd have to figure out the size.
Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

Is there

Yes. Search Google for 'liquid to liquid heat exchanger.'

Reply to
Mark Monson

Check out FLAT PLATE Heat exchanger's, I use one for my domestic h/w and it has worked very well for me.

kenny b

Reply to
kenny b

I looked. Tell me more Ken. I have 2 rolls of Wirsbo tubing [PEX ] 5/8''and 1/2 '' plus all the tools. Some I put under Tile, the rest is going in my driveway. I like this as you use no antifreeze and it runs off my Boiler. Its maual or automatic at 32 F.

Reply to
Buttplug