Gas meter size

Hi, I'm trying to find a little information on gas meters. I called my local gas co. and was told someone would call me back, so far no call-back. I am going to buy a natural gas powered back-up generator for my house. The one I'd like to get requires 240 cu. ft. per hour of gas at full load. I,ve got what they call a 1/4 pound gas meter. I would guess that refers to the pressure coming in to the house from the meter. The pipe coming off the meter in to the house is 1" black pipe. Is this sufficient to supply 240 cu. ft. of gas per hour to the generator and still have enough capacity for my other gas equipment? (100,000 btu furnace, gas water heater, gas stove) Thanks for any advice you can supply.

Reply to
Ray