dual water heater tank connected in sequence

Doe anyone know where I might get a diagram of two storage tank water heaters connected in sequence? I have two 40 gals in my 2200 sq ft home.
Go to http://www.hotwater.com/frame.html?topage=/RESIDENT/reshome.htm and choose service hand book and look at page 14. Dale

Why do you want them connected in sequence vs. connected in parallel?
MM
Actually, they were connected one way or the other by my builders plummers. I don't know which way they installed. I'd like to take the heater out of the attic and remover the additional lines there (inlet and outlet) However, I'm not sure all will be well. For the moment I have it switched off and the heater in the garage provides enough water for the house. What would the repective diagrams look like? How would I know if they are parallel or sequenced?

home.

I was afraid of that.. I'll have to to bypass the heater like I originally thought to do.
Thanks.

water