code change

i went to class today,, well this weekend..

the waste connection from an auto washer into a standpipe drain (minimum of 2") shall connect to a branch drain, or drainage stack a "minimum" 3"

so from the 2" stand pipe,,maybe a 2x3 ell, right to the branch drain

i guess the new washer pumps out some serious water at 17 to 30 gpm.. wow,,, need that 3"... this is ohio,, international code in effect Aug 15

so no more 2" branches..

i guess someone is really starting to think out there.. i kno it aint me...

Reply to
running water

That must be Ohio adding something to the International Plumbing Code. According to my IPC, standpipe must be 2" but the branch drain can also be

2".

Mark

Reply to
Mark Monson