Yuma AZ handyman?

Can anyone possibly recommend a handyman in Yuma AZ? I have had several good ones in the past but they all retired or moved. Ads I've responded to were poor - very expensive and/or didn't follow through on work. Googled but found poor reviews. Anyone here have anyone you've tried and liked?

I know it's very unlikely I'll get a name here but I thought it was worth a try.

TIA

Reply to
KenK

I=92m not anywhere near there so I can=92t help you=20 but a word of advise that I can give you is that=20 find someone who stands behind his work.=20 If he or she doesn=92t guarantee their work=20 it doesn=92t matter how inexpensive they are=20 because you=92ll be paying more in the long run.=20

Reply to
recyclebinned

Go talk to a couple of rental property management companies. See if they will tell you who they use.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

Also keep in mind the guarantee is only as good as the guy behind it. The guarantee is good to have - but you would rather have the quality of job that does not require a guarantee if you had the choice. Do it once, and do it right.

Reply to
clare

Have you looked at Angie's List? I don't know anything about it other than hearing it advertised. There is another one called Home Adviser. Like Angie's List, I don't know anything about it. Better Business Bureau?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I was also going to suggest Angie's list. I've been happy with just about everyone I've used from my local AL. You can get month to month, so could look this up and then drop it. Me, I just waited until there was a good deal on signing up (Groupon etc periodically have specials for subscriptions). My last was ~$30/yr.

1-888-944-5478 - I doubt they'd give you names because of course they want to sell membership, but they may at least be able to tell you how many entries there are in the handyman category. If you're in an area with few reviews, it may not be worth it.

FWIW, I've also used one of the "Mr Handyman" services. They charge per hour and I was happy with the job. At least being part of a company they seemed to be less fly-by-night than the Craigslist types.

Reply to
Lee B

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That's where reviews come in. I've not found any good ones yet. But I've not Googles extensively yet - wanted to ask here and in a few other groups first.

Reply to
KenK