your thoughts on this

have a long uphill driveway(200'+) and need a way to tell when the mail has been delivered to cut down on trips to an empty box.

About a million years ago (actually it was in the 1970's) my friend's father invented and patented a device that would drop down when the postman opened the door on the mail box.
So all one had to do was look and see if the ball had dropped to know if the mailman had been there.
K-Mart was selling those for a while.
I don't know if they are still out there or not.
have a long uphill driveway(200'+) and need a way to tell when the mail has been delivered to cut down on trips to an empty box.
Rubbermaid has a mialbox with a pop up flag on the side. At that distance you may need binoculars to see it. Mine is visible, but I'm only 75 feet or so. There are add on things like that also. I've heard of a wireless alarm setup also, that goes off when the door is pulled open.
http://www.mailboxandmore.com/mailminder.htm
http://www.mailboxpostplanter.com/features.htm
--
Steve Barker

"JoeM" < snipped-for-privacy@done.net> wrote in message

Pay attention as to what time they come and schedule you walk for somtime after that. My carrier has never been later than 12:30. If the hours are erratic then just wait til early evening. By then all mail has been delivered.

Check Harbor Freight for the wireless option.