YOUR policy on Xmas lights

Page 3 of 3

aemeijers wrote:

My roommates watch football and scream and shout at the TV. That's what they do for entertainment, while I expand my mind with mostly intelligent discourse via The Interweb. 8-)
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

South of me in Gatlinburg are a million little shops upon shops. They decorate for christmas and make a big deal about it so they get visitors ($$$$) all year long. The really sad part is that even the churches are caught up in the gaudy christmas lights! I think things were better when they put up a nativity scene. Now among the other lights and displays the churches have, there are also giant blinking cross', each church trying to outdo the other each year.
I just gave my new next door neighbors about six brand new strings of miniature lights. They are really going all out. Seem like super nice folks, been here about 3-4 months. I got the lights at WalMart after Christmans last year at about 90% discount. I don't usually do any decorating anyway, and really don't feel like it this year. Larry

I *have* to put up Christmas Lights.
I spend almost an entire weekend setting up the gravestones, ghosts and scarecrow picnic for Halloween. Halloween night, half a bloody scarecrow goes under the lawnmower and the beheaded one sits in a chair with an old chain saw. The speakers go in the upstairs window and the spooky sounds start right after sunset.
If I do that much work for Halloween and then don't bust my butt for Christmas, I believe that there will be lightning, floods, famine and pestilence befalling my household.
You really don't want to piss God off!

PLONK!

Visit from Auntie Flo?

Gee, I wonder why my feelings aren't hurt...
You mean that your usent posts won't appear on one computer, in one house, in one town, in one city, in one state, in one nation. Somehow, your life is essentially unchanged. I've had that same experience, when someone hurls the dreaded "plonk" at me. So? Who cares? Maybe you and I are both callous and unfeeling?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Plonking is forbidden by The Book of Mormon.
Steve B wrote:

I have one string of white under the front porch all year. It makes very nice mood lighting, especially in the summer when we might be out on the porch after dark. I have no real christmas lights, can't hardly see the house from the road. Besides, my christmas spirit is filled looking at other peoples lights so I don't need my own.

No outdoor lights. Ever. When we see a house all lit up, we start humming the "Rocky & Bullwinkle" theme and thinking about used car lots.
The Christmas tree in the bay window on the front of the house is enough. And stockings hung by the chimney with nails. (Hung from the mantel, actually.)
Cindy Hamilton

re: "And stockings hung by the chimney with nails. "
Aren't they supposed to be hung with care?
I'm pretty sure I saw some care on sale in the latest Harbor Freight ad.

re: "And stockings hung by the chimney with nails. "
Aren't they supposed to be hung with care?
I'm pretty sure I saw some care on sale in the latest Harbor Freight ad.
reply:
Translated into Mandarin Chinese, "care" comes out 16d duplex coated ring shank sinker nails.
HTH
Steve ;-)
"Steve B" wrote

My husband is the one who gets a kick out of them and he puts them up. We have simple ones and little clips (clear plastic) in the eves so he just uses a regular ladder. Single story place.

Yeah, I bought some of those. They make it a lot easier. Still, you need a ladder, but a lot of it can be done from the ground with that pole.
steve