Yo! Over Here...I Need Ceiling Fan Parts...

I'm looking for parts for a ceiling fan, model HC-52, manufactured by Shi Chen Electrics of Taiwan. Don't know what brand it was sold under in the US. Specifically need a motor. Can anyone tell me where I might find this.
annodomini wrote:

Hi, Just replacing the whole unit would be better choice, IMO. Tony
My suggestion is to consider this an opportunity to get a really good fan that is efficient and quiet. The trouble of getting and replacing the parts is not going to be worth any savings you might experience. My bet is the parts, if you could find them are likely going to be more than the cost of a new unit.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
On 07 Feb 2004, Joseph Meehan wrote:

IAWTP.
annodomini wrote:

if you need a switch for the fan or a capacitor you go to either lowes or home depot and get one.. if you need a fan motor you just throw the old fan away or keep it for parts and buy a new fan at home depot or lowes for about $60 and replace it... i had an old fan that i paid about $250 for a long time ago.. i found that the new ones that home depot sells is alot better for $60 than the older one i had.. the motor for just about any appliance is gonna cost you more than the new item is worth.....