Work pants?

I have military surplus pants, which I use for work around the yard etc. They are great because they have a relatively elegant appearance, have huge pockets, double knees and do not stain easily.
Unfortunately, they are made of fairly weak material and are starting to fall apart on me.
I am looking for basically similar pants, but made of stronger material.
I am NOT looking for bibs, coveralls, or pants without numerous LARGE pockets.
Any suggestions?
i'm not sure where you live but you can check out an army surplus type store - you won't get new but the next best thing.
Dickies makes a nice one. Double knees, deep pockets etc.
Dickies logger pants are fair but then you get tree hugging hippies chaining themselves to your ankles.
-- Troweller^nospam^@canada.com
Remove the obvious to reply. Experienced and reliable Concrete Finishing and Synthetic Stucco application in the GTA.

I agree, but try them on first. Seems their idea of a 34 waist is more like a 32.........
Rick wrote:

Wally world has those.

I'm pretty sure it's K-Mart that carries Dickies, not Wal-Mart.
Melissa

Locally, Wal-Mart has Dickies. No idea about K-Mart, they closed all the stores close to me.
Gary
--
Gary Heston snipped-for-privacy@hiwaay.net

Windows is like SUVs; a bad idea, poorly implemented, unsafe, with a

Dockers.
The "Military" has not had a surplus since 1945!
so if your pants are that old then try buying new ones,
On 17 May 2005 00:03:32 GMT, Ignoramus21310

I was in a Sunny's Surplus store a few years ago looking for camping equipment for the kids. I noticed they had some East German Army clothing for sale.
They've probably sold out by now. But maybe now they've got surplus Taliban uniforms in stock.
Don
Don K wrote:

Anybody remember when Palley's in Los Angeles had REAL war surplus stuff as late as the 60s?

And for the ladies, appropriate attire for those wet burkha contests!
--
Cheers, Bev
Duluth trading carries some tough stuff: http://www.duluthtrading.com /

DanG, I certainly agree with your thoughts on Duluth Trading. I have some indestructable BDU's made of rip stop type material.
stormin, spebsqsa 220837
DanG wrote:

Ignoramus21310 wrote:

appearance,
Mil-Sec pants at less than $25 are great.
More expensive are... Carhartt http://www.carhartt.com / http://www.gandlclothing.com http://www.gandlclothing.com/45.phtml?form_name om_ecl_product_details
:/

I'm going to remove your pants!!