Words of Wisdom, regarding Harbor Freight tools . . . . .

Page 1 of 2
If your Doctor uses Harbor Freight tools to do your heart transplant, be sure to order a coffin first. Just make sure the coffin was not built with Harbor Freight tools!
On 2/21/2016 6:57 AM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

There is a certain comic value to this. However, surgical tools used to be made in Switzerland, and then later Pakistan made a lot of tools. Would not surprise me to find out that most surgeons use Chinese made tools, these days.
Does a Harbor Freight moyel take 20% off?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 02/21/2016 05:57 AM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Don't buy one of those cheap coffins, be sure to get a lifetime guarantee.

I'd choose Lee Valley tools for my innards ....
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/under-the-knife/article25582500/
http://southmedic.com/blog/canica-grants-exclusive-licensing-rights-to-southmedic-inc/
--- ---
On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 05:57:42 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

What? If they put you in a bad coffin you won't be dead anymore?

Harbor Freight hand tools come with a 'lifetime warranty'. Yeh, I know what that means. But now I'm starting to wonder what that really means.
On Sunday, February 21, 2016 at 7:54:30 PM UTC-5, Jan Alter wrote:

I worked for harbor freight for awhile. till my bad knee got too painful and i couldnt walk, so i quit.
we had some customers bring in some old abused tools...
they were replaced for free with manager approval. as long as they had a lifetime warranty, they got a new one
harbor freight has some good buys, if your a occasional user

And their electrical stuff barely has a warranty, and it's all crap. I returned an electrical item to HF, which was a little over a year old. It was not abused or even used much. It simply failed for no reason. I was told that it could not be returned, because the warranty expired after something like 30 or 60 days. However, if I 'HAD' bought their extended warranty (which cost almost as much as the item itself), it would be warranteed for (I think it was) 2 years.
Thats the last time I even walked into one of their stores. HF sells GARBAGE !!! I'll never buy their crap again!
A "Good buy" is buying day old bread which is still perfectly edible. Not buying tools that should last decades, but only last a year or less, under normal use.
On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 00:00:03 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Who has a warranty longer than that? Who has one longer than a year?

Well of course the extended warranty on anything is a loser, unless you're lucky enough that it breaks**. They sell them to make money, not to lose money.
**It's like straight life insurance. If you want to get a good deal on life insurance, die young. After you've only paid a few premiums. That will teach 'em. OTOH, if you live a long life, you're a loser.

On Monday, February 22, 2016 at 12:54:03 PM UTC-5, Micky wrote:

What type of items are you asking about?
I have hand tools that came with lifetime warranties. I have power tools that came with 3 year warranties. I have power tools that came with lifetime warranties. I have electrical appliances that came with 3 year warranties.
I can name names if you would like.
...snip...
On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 7:44:46 AM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Milw power tools have a 5 yr warranty.
On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 05:44:30 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

The type he's talking about, of course.

On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 10:15:32 PM UTC-5, Micky wrote:

Then the answers to your questions are below. You may thank me now.

On 2/22/2016 1:00 AM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Some of their stuff is crap, but some (mostly non-powered) is identical to name brand stuff selling for 3X the price. You have to be careful. You also don't expect them to replace something out of warranty.. if it fails, there is a reason even if you don't see it.

The item that failed was a small solar panel made to charge a 12V battery. It was kept INDOORS, in a window, and connected to a 12V battery. There is no excuse for it to fail in such short time.
Either way, I learned my lesson. I'll pay 3x the price to get QUALITY tools, before I ever buy their junk again, and most of their stuff is much less than 3x the price. I compared their price on a hand tool, which was $9 at HF and $13 for an similar tool with a well known brand name. I'll spend the $13 and still be using that tool 25 years from now, if I live that long. I can almost guarantee the $9 HF tool will be in the garbage in one year or less.
On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 11:17:11 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

No. You're still dead, you're dead body is just laying on the sidewalk in front of the funeral parlor. When they were taking it out to the hearse, and the bottom fell out of the coffin. Of course those with a morbid mind will all be be holding up traffic so they can take photos with their smartphones to post on facebook.
I suppose that could be considered the last bit of FAME for the deceased. Even though they'll never know it! But the family and friends of the deceased will all get to see their loved one laying in the dirt, and have the opportunity to resend the photos to everyone they know.
With any luck, this could go viral and even become a top hit video on Youtube.
On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 19:47:44 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

What and give up show business?
On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 11:17:11 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I hope you know that you're always supposed to take a bath before dying. If you fall out of the coffin, you'll get filthy again, and you wont be able to take another bath. The worst possible thing would be to get buried when you're dirty.....
On 02/23/2016 09:07 AM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:
[snip]

This is true. Burial vaults are required by law to be lined with antidirt (for testing and verification purposes). Antidirt will explode violently on contact with ordinary dirt, releasing a lot of hungry zombies.
On Sunday,coffin kitd cost ? February 21, 2016 at 5:58:20 AM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

How much do those coffin kits cost ?