Wood Glue Suggestions ?

Elmers Woodworking glue or Titebond Woodworking glue. These glues are yellow in color. For best results clamp overnight. Don't expect the glue (or any glue for that matter) to hold for end-to-end butt joints.

End-to-end or edge-to-edge should always be pegged, glued and clamped. So, yes, it does work...when done right.
Liquid nails..
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (N O) wrote in 3276.bay.webtv.net:

Pegged, glued and clamped. <=== Period
Red Green wrote:

A PVA long-grain edge joint w/ fitting edges will be stronger bond than the wood itself (that is, the wood will break before the glue line fails in the majority of cases). Dowels are of some use for alignment purposes, but of very little necessity for strength.

However if you flex the resulting joined boards until "something" breaks, the break will be right at the glue joint rather than a few inches away from it. The glue may be stronger than the wood, but the overall joint is not stronger. A biscuit or pegs would definitely help.
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Not at all necessarily...

Best of luck to you!

re: Pegged, glued and clamped. <=== Period
Pegged, glued and clamped. <=== Comma, or Biscuited, glued and clamped. <=== Period
Dowels are great, but biscuits are so much easier to align.

I've never use biscuts. A long time REAL woodwooker friend of mine ranted and raved about them when they came out. At that time he said the machine was real expensive. That was a bit ago. I suppose by now they are reasonable.

You can get 'em for under a $100, although my DeWalt cost a bit more than that.
I'd be hard pressed to locate my doweling jig and centers if I ever came up with a reason to use a dowel for joining again.
With the biscuit joiner, alignment is done with a couple of free hand pencil marks on the pieces to be joined. Butt joints, T-joints, even 45's can be done in a matter of a few short minutes.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Old fashioned stuff! You don't have a Domino?
(just kidding)
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

I'm having a little trouble justifying a Domino to SWMBO. I'm close though - NOT!

You have to justify a tool? The only question should be "do we have the money today?" If the answer is "yes" you buy the tool. If the answer is "no", the second question is "when will we? How about next payday?"
My wife and I discuss major purchases, but we each have out hobbies and spend what is available for them as we see fit. I can assure you she has not saved enough money making clothing to justify her tools, same as I cannot monetarily justify my tool costs with a ROI.

re: You have to justify a tool?
Yes.
re: I can assure you she has not saved enough money making clothing to justify her tools
She doesn't have to.
Boy, that was easy.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I am a general contractor and I just can't bring myself to pay 1,000.00 for a tool that is basically a biscuit joiner on steroids. And I don't have to justify it to anyone.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

SWMBO <=== acronym doesn't ring a bell but it must have something to do with wife? :-)
Red Green wrote:

She Who Must Be Obeyed
--
Robert Allison