With Woody The Woodchuck, You Ain't Gonna Win

You go huntin' Woody with a shotgun, he gets skittish at 100 yards and goes into the burrow. So today I'm a walkin' down the east fence row, armed with nothing but tree pruners, and lo-and-behold, there's ol' fat Woodrow at 40 feet .... 30 feet ... 20 feet, lookin' at me curiously. The frustration boiled over and I threw the damn pruners at him. Missed, naturally, and he casually entered the burrow.

It just ain't fair.

BroJack

Reply to
BroJack

I feel the same way about the AholeDetector. He makes a fool out of me every time. You just can't beat him.

Reply to
Arty The Loser

I know the feeling...every morning, I heard Mr. Woody in my tree which is right beside my window.

Reply to
Lynne

'chucks are strange. You can out run them in about 100'. Then they just freeze. One time I caught with one and clonked it really hard with a shovel I happen to be using at the time. I thought he was dead but when I came back a hour later, he was gone.

I thought I had fixed the little sob by filling his holes with gravel and plastic bags. I didn't see it for 3 weeks, but yesterday morning, he was back. Probably a neighbor's.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

They're also curious. They'll poke their head up to see if the coast is clear. If you can stand quietly by the burrow with the shotgun pointed at it, chances are fair that you can get woody. Takes 2-3 minutes. If it takes longer than that, he probably went to another exit.

Reply to
dps

Geez Jack,,,,,ya never know where you'll show up. You sure do get around. Let me tell you, ass-p is such a bore these days, go trolling a bit there will ya? I need a good laugh.

Reply to
Lisa

Are you the same Lisa whom I battled recently in balt.general on the subject of labor unions ... or another Lisa?

BroJack

Reply to
BroJack

Wasn't me, I lurk in alt.support.single-parents,,,,,,full of ultra conservative pulpit people

Reply to
Lisa