Wiring question?

Just finished the rough walls in my basement and I'm getting ready to run the wires. All the electrical wires are coming in from the garage in the same hole. My question is if I run the cable, phone, and LAN wires through the same hole will I get any interference from the electrical wires. Don't want to get the walls finished then find out my TVs have awful reception and my computers have no internet.
Mine run together but if I were you I would eperate them, just based on commoin sense. Plus code wise power lines arent supposed to run with low voltage cables, to prevent a accidental cross connection which can be a shock hazard

Minimize running your LAN and cable wires in parallel with the power wires. Installation recommendations for my LAN suggested only 90 degree wire crossings with power wiring.
Why not run your power wires in grounded flex or conduit?
TKM

In the IT industry, networking requires that any data cable be separated from power cables by 18" if run in parallel. If they must cross, they need to cross at right angles. If you can run the power through a different hole than the other services, you should do that.
--
Chris

If it is easy to do, separate them but the interferance problem is more mythology than fact. Erhernet has built in 60hz rejection hardware and the twisted pairs make ingress virtually non existant anyway. You have a lot more problem with "Near End Crosstalk" from not maintaining the twists all the way up to the keystone. Quadshield TV cable is pretty much bulletproof

It's worth remembering that ordinary phone cable isn't twisted pair, or shielded.
Electrical code requires that low voltage wire be kept at least 12" away and cross only at right angles wherever possible. It's just a good idea.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 05:29:24 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@nortelnetworks.com (Chris Lewis) wrote:

Which electrical code would that be? It sure isn't the NEC. In fact the jackets of cable wiring methods (Romex, CAT5, Coax) "are" the required separation. When you are dealing with discrete conductors in enclosures the separation requirement is a quarter of an inch.
725.55(D)(1)The electric light, power, Class 1, non power-limited fire alarm, and medium power network-powered broadband communications circuit conductors are routed to maintain a minimum of 6 mm (0.25 in.) separation from the conductors and cables of Class 2 and Class 3 circuits.