wiring question

I have a electronic countdown timer designed to replace an in-wall wall switch. However, I want to splice it into the cord of a small appliance (so that the appliance shuts off automatically ).
The time has 4 wires - black (line); white (neutral), Red (load) and green (ground). So, how do I splice it into the power cord of my appliance?
thanks
paul oman snipped-for-privacy@pauloman.com

The black and red are the switched circuit. Ignore the neutral and ground and splice that pair into one wire feeding the appliance. Be neat and do it in a box.
Joe
The motor in the timer likely needs a neutral.
--

Christopher A. Young;
.

"Joe" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message

Good point...I was thinking of a mechanical timer, and with the extra wires it is obviously AC driven.
Joe
On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 14:08:58 -0500, Paul Oman wrote:

since the load is switched, splice the white wires together.

personally i would make up a adapter cord. its easy costs little and makes it easy to change back if desired
I would get a two gang metal handy box, a grounded cord with a plug, and an outlet.
Wire the way others have said but wire the outlet to the load side of the switch. Add a cover plate and now you have a timer that works with any appliance and is up to code.