wiring a motion light to stay powered on and still motion

I have a motion light, is it possible to wire the existing motion light that I can power it on any time (objective to stay on for longer then the set time) and then at times for it to work as a motion light? If this is not possible do you have any recommendations? Thanks-

Reply to
RR

Most motion detectors have that ability by quickly flipping their wall switch off, then back on. If you wanted to hard wire a system to do that, you'd need an extra wire run from the switch to the sensor or light

Reply to
RBM

Everyone that I've ever owned worked that way. Just flip it on, off, on, and it will stay on until you turn it off. Then it needs to stay off for a minute or so before you turn it back on to "motion" mode.

Reply to
Ron

I have these by different makers, and for one it seems very hard to get back to motion mode unless the sun is shining. For the other, it seems it has to be dark out.

Reply to
mm